BCboilermaker Delegate : Proposal to Board the ARK!

• Hi everyone I would like to introduce myself to the ARK community. My name is Grant, I’m a 32 year old Boilermaker from British Columbia, Canada. My real life career I work as a construction Boilermaker for the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers. My certifications include, Red Seal rigger/fitter/welder and a certificate in Gas Process Operations. This type of work is heavy industry which includes Gas Plant and Refinery shutdown/turnarounds. I have been employed with the IBB for close to ten years! Although my main focus is studying and applying my trade, my other interests are skateboarding, snowboarding, music, poker, Forex, finances, technology, reading and studying :)

My first introduction to Crypto was back in 2011 through a old poker botting forum, the guys I knew back then were ecstatic to sell their mined coins for 20 dollars. Since then I have been a serious crypto enthusiast supporting many different projects experiencing all the ups and down that come along.

I have built a great reputation in the P2P lending side of bitcoin. Since 2014 I have borrowed and returned more than 80 Bitcoins through 3 different lending platforms. Please check out my borrowing profile. https://btcjam.com/users/15270

MY SKILLS

I have experience in bitcoin and altcoin mining with my own personal ASIC and GPU rigs, Linux command line, running a Dash Masternode, LBRY coin alpha tester, first day Lisk participant and experience running their testnet and mainnet.

MY PROPOSAL

I’am a first day ARK TEC supporter with about 150,000 tokens to my name :) If voted in as a delegate I would like to profit share my forging rewards with the ARK development team to help further development. Forged rewards will be distributed 40% profit sharing to voters, 10% contributed to community project fund

MY NETWORK SETUP

My current ARK testnet is a VPS on Vultr.com

CPU: 4 vCore
    RAM: 8192 MB
    Storage: 100 GB SSD
    Bandwidth: 4000 GB

Ddos protection
    Firewall
    Root access blocked
    Fail2ban
    Logrotate
    delegate monitoring

Backup/relay server setup on Digital Ocean

CONCLUSION

I’am a day one Lisk and now ARK supporter. I came to ARK by suggestion from a friend of mine who is a member of the crew.

Contact Details

Boilermaking2008@yahoo.com
    telegram.me
    Linkedin
    In Slack @BCboilermaker

Proposal Update

50% profit sharing

40% of forging rewards distributed to voters
    10% of rewards will be contributed to community fund
    Arky-Cli is used to distribute payments
    Current ARK Main net server .Vultr.

CPU: 4 vCore
    RAM: 8192 MB
    Storage: 100 GB SSD
    Bandwidth: 4000 GB
    Additional server features

Ddos protection
    Firewall enabled
    Root access blocked
    Fail2ban enabled
    Logrotate enabled
    delegate monitoring
    I also have Backup/relay server setup on Digital Ocean

• Hi Grant, thanks for posting your proposal. Good to see a long timer with crypto join us. I used to work on industrial plants myself - a chemical plant near Houston, a satellite factory, some other manufacturing, a tracked vehicle plant, a couple of nuclear facilities, and a natural gas facility. One of our team members is an iron worker, works on ships, so you probably would have a lot to talk about with him as well.

Thanks for the offer on sharing rewards with team members for development, much appreciated, but do keep in mind our voting system is different on mainnet, so voting for multiple delegates is split among the delegates voted for instead of each one voted for receiving the full weight from the account. We encourage delegates to keep their rewards or share them with their voters in some fashion either directly or as stakes in their project. Community service applications and projects are also a great way to encourage votes.

Welcome to Ark, glad to see you here!

• Hello Grant, great proposal, thanks for your support and interest in becoming an Ark delegate, us musicians gotta stick together:guitar: also avid poker player.
    will add you to my vote list, good luck

• Thanks for checking out my proposal I have setup a second node for different testing purposes so that I can get more familiar with firewalls, logrotating and things of that nature :)

• I have upgraded my testnet server to some higher specs

CPU:
    4 vCore
    RAM:
    4096 MB
    Storage:
    90 GB SSD
    Bandwidth:
    4000 GB

Also , thanks to help from members I have learned how to setup logrotate , and do a memory swap. The next couple tasks I’m working on is to setup some security and firewall in time for the mainnet launch.

• Looks like a job well done there!!!

• @michaelthecrypto Hey thanks Micheal . Good meeting you last night! Like I mentioned to you on our phone call I did get the firewall and fail2ban figured out as well! Looking forward to the mainnet launch! :)

• @bcboilermaker You got it!!!

• Proposal Update

50% profit sharing

• 40% of forging rewards distributed to voters
    • 10% of rewards will be contributed to community fund
    • Arky-Cli is used to distribute payments

Current ARK Main net server .Vultr.

• CPU: 4 vCore
    • RAM: 8192 MB
    • Storage: 100 GB SSD
    • Bandwidth: 4000 GB

Additional server features

• Ddos protection
    • Firewall enabled
    • Root access blocked
    • Fail2ban enabled
    • Logrotate enabled
    • delegate monitoring

I also have Backup/relay server setup on Digital Ocean

Looks like your connection to BCboilermaker Delegate : Proposal to Board the ARK! was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.