ARK Community Fund [ACF] - Secure the future of ARK

• I would like to introduce an idea for a project to the ARK community which would support and help securing the future development of ARK. As we all know, the Ark team has plenty of amazing developments and milestones in the pipeline, which may not be realized because of the low funding in the TEC. In my delegate proposal, I have already stated, that half of my forged funds are reserved for the future developement of ARK. This is also mentioned by some other delegate proposals.

My idea is to setup a community fund to collect funds for the development of ARK. This fund could be financed by community members and delegates that would like to support the ARK development. The collected funds could be used by the ARK team or community members to further develop and promote ARK and to reach additional milestones. By this, the longterm development of ARK could be secured.

These are just some first thoughts, which have to be further developed, especially regarding control of the funds and documentation of the use. I also think that it is important, to get the ARK team members on board of such project, so that is why I am introducing my idea here. Please let me know your opinion on such idea. Looking forward to your feedback.

UPDATE on April 30 2017:

We have now finalized the Ark Community Fund (ACF) papers:

ACF Initial Concept Paper
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BgQu4PRtLcoC5JLtAnrSPiCp6Fu8MT8082wFqMimMw0/edit?usp=sharing

ACF High Level Summary
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jwL4R0TfU24SSnjJLHjrJCpSLFtmg-0oJadYPvzf25k/edit?usp=sharing

We have also developed two Project Templates, which the project specifics can be detailed within.

The Ark Community Fund - Fast Track - Project Template
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GFgYl0BbNGr7f3QuhzrKu1WuXZENGHrx23rYgSnfkZk/edit?usp=sharing

The Ark Community Fund - Standard Approach - Project Template
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JI1x1ICMKxHkTdU9rnTQy9smsYnaFtktK4IBXeV2NgY/edit?usp=sharing

Again, we thank you all for your support to date, we couldn’t have done this without you!

@sidzero & @jamiec79

• Hey man. That’s a pretty cool idea :blush:
    It’s a great way to secure the ARK environment and setting milestones will definately encourage others to accomplish set tasks. Nice one :dart:

• @superwoot112 Thanks, your feedback is much appreciated! Hopefully, some more people will share our opinion on this project, because I think that it will be really helpful for the future development of our beloved Ark!

• Hi Sidzero

i checked out your delegate proposal.
    And really like your idea of this pool.
    In the event I’m lucky enough to become a forging delegate I would like to help you out with this idea

• Definately a great idea sidzero.

Certainly gets my backing and if I get to forging position I will certainly be passing Ark over.

One question I will ask first before someone else does is who controls the polls funds and who decides how they are distributed?

• @ghostfaceuk The question about who is in control of the funds and makes the decisions has not been decided yet. I am thinking about a multisignature wallet/account where a certain amount of active delegates or some trusted community members have control over the pool. In no way this should be controlled by only one single person.

As I said, these things need to be figured out and everyone is invited to share his/her thoughts and help establishing the pool. I have some ideas on my mind already, but will wait how things go after mainnet launch first.

• Great initiative @sidzero !
    I am sure lots of active delegate will want to contribute to such a fund ! And yes, multisig adress is the way to go ! :wink:

• We are very pleased to share the updated Ark Community Fund (ACF) Initial Concept Paper.

We released the initial draft ACF documents about a two weeks ago, since then the documents have been reviewed and revised. We believe we are nearing completion, once the Ark Community have feedback, we are aiming to launch the ACF.

We ask everone to provide feedback as soon as possible, to ensure we keep moving this forward

ACF Initial Concept Paper
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BgQu4PRtLcoC5JLtAnrSPiCp6Fu8MT8082wFqMimMw0/edit?usp=sharing

We have also developed two Project Templates, which the project specifics can be detailed within.

The Ark Community Fund - Fast Track - Project Template
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GFgYl0BbNGr7f3QuhzrKu1WuXZENGHrx23rYgSnfkZk/edit?usp=sharing

The Ark Community Fund - Standard Approach - Project Template
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JI1x1ICMKxHkTdU9rnTQy9smsYnaFtktK4IBXeV2NgY/edit?usp=sharing

Following successful approval of the Ark Community Fund structure and process, the Voting and Projects portal will be readied to begin ACF Board Member elections, and for Community Developers to begin submitting project proposals.

Thank you to everyone that contributed to the developing the Ark Community Fund structure!

We look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas, this is after all the communities document!

sidzero & jamiec79

• We are getting ready to begin the Ark Community Fund board member elections.

Could all those interested in putting their name forward to be one of the 5 ACF Board Members please post their name in the #communityfund channel in slack.

Elections will begin on Wednesday 3rd May, lasting until Sunday 7th May.

We plan to use a poll plugin to slack to manage people votes.

Thanks again @jamiec79 & @sidzero

• @sidzero said in ARK Community Fund [ACF] - Secure the future of ARK:

We are getting ready to begin the Ark Community Fund board member elections.

Could all those interested in putting their name forward to be one of the 5 ACF Board Members please post their name in the #communityfund channel in slack.

Elections will begin on Wednesday 3rd May, lasting until Sunday 7th May.

We plan to use a poll plugin to slack to manage people votes.

Thanks again @jamiec79 & @sidzero

The following slack members have been nominated for the ACF Board election:

@Jarunik
    @jamiec79
    @michaelthecryptoguy
    @ryano
    @ghostfaceuk
    @Toons
    @MODY1996
    @mq
    @dafty

• Dear Ark Community,

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the Ark Community for taking the time to vote for the Board Member nominees.

Voting is now closed and the final two nominees are @toons and @jarunik, congratulations to you both. Unfortunately that means both @ghostface and @mody1996 were not successful, but i’d like to thank them both for their input and putting themselves forward.

Therefore the final Ark Community Fund Board Members are as follows: -

@dafty
    @michaelthecryptoguy
    @toons
    @jarunik
    @jamiec79

The board will be in place for up to 6 months.

Thank you for your support, we look forward to launching the fund and building the required platform to support it.

@jamiec79

Looks like your connection to ARK Community Fund [ACF] - Secure the future of ARK was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.