ghostfaceuk - Delegate proposal - Proposal to forge a sharing node to help those with low Ark to grow

• HI,

My name is ghostfaceuk and I am 37 years old from the UK.

I would love if you guys could vote for me to become a delegate, my node will be called ghostfaceuk

For the last 10 years I have been and currently still am full time carer for my father, before this I was call centre operative for a good few years.

My interests include films, music and enjoying what free time I can get. I’m currently looking at attempting to learn linux and very basic python.

I am relatively new to the world of crypto only starting to get involved within the last 6 months or so. Currently running a single mining rig with a R9 280 and RX 470 4GB.

My Skills

I have built and maintained computers for over 15 years.

I have been involved in the running and testing of the Ark testnet from practically the beginning and am part of the group recently dubbed the Magnificent 7 who have all been here and helped since practically the start.

My Proposal

I would like to set up a node in a profit sharing capacity. I know there are those out there like me that for whatever reason could not afford to buy many ARK or for whatever reason chose not to during the TEC and I offering to run a pool to help increase your holdings.

I will also be putting part of each months forging into a separate wallet available to be given out to help fund peoples ideas of how to promote/use Ark.

10% will be kept by myself to cover costs etc
    90% will be shared between those whose have be generous enough to give their votes to set up the node.

The payments will be made to those who support the proposal weekly and at random times per day to avoid people vote hopping for maximum payouts.
    All payments will be based up the amount of votes provided by each voter, obviously those who give the most votes will get more of the payout. This will be automatically calculated and paid using a program provided by another long term Ark contributor and fellow member of the Magnificent 7: - Toons.

just a quick update to explain how my payment system works.

Payments will made to voters weekly at random times to avoid pool payment jumpers. the payments will be made via a automated system created by python maestro and fellow member of the Magnificent 7 group (ghostfaceuk, jamiec79, dafty, bcboilermaker, toons, sidzero and michaelthecryptoguy) toons.

the payments have a ceiling cap of 25% meaning no one pool member can receive more than a quarter of the share of that days payments thus enabling a more fair and even distribution between all the voters.

Pool hoppers detected will be blacklisted from any future payments (this includes any future addresses they try to use I pick up on).

You can use this calculator created by dafty to see what kind of return your vote will give you from my pool
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FGo3FkC3uSWXGHatPQyny2brMWjAIJsHFCR-Lhkl_m0/edit#gid=0

VOTE FIDELITYIS NOW IN USE

VOTE-FIDELITY
    A fidelity factor is implemented for voters. It is based on time vote is maintained during the last day.
    A vote that lasts a full day has a factor of 1, a vote that is active for one hour when payment is made gets a factor of 1/24. Vote has to be active when payment is triggered.

This is to ensure no one can join the pool, grab a large payout and then move their votes to another pool enabling me to reward the loyal long term supporters more an will hopefully eliminate pool payment whores from attempting this tactic.

True vote weight is now in use

I am now making payments once a week and using seven day true vote weight fidelity.

Another tool is now in use on my node to stop pool jumpers. True vote weight allows the payment script to look back over the fidelity period and calculate payments based on actual vote weight across the whole of the period. this stops someone moving for example 50k ark to a wallet voting for the pool getting full payment and then moving it to another pool.

True vote will only pay them for the period the ark is voting for my pool

My Network setup

I will be running on a OVH VPS server.
    2 vCores
    2.4 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    Local RAID 10

It will be the same specs for the backup node.

This setup has served me well during the testnet period.

This can be upgraded as required by mainnet needs and I am more than willing to switch everything to more powerful servers if required.

Conclusion

I wish to help Ark to become as great as it can be whilst helping others along the way.

If I am lucky enough to run a delegate node there will be nothing hidden, everything about the node/payments will be made available for anyone’s perusal if there is any concerns at any time.

Contact info

I may not be able to get back to you straight away due to my real life commitment but I will answer you as soon as I can

Email - johnnymaretta@gmail.com
    Slack - @ghostfaceuk

• I have read over your purposal… Good Purposal.

• Hey @ghostfaceuk, nice proposal, good luck. It’s nice to have someone else in the UK representing ARK!

• I liked the proposal, minus one thing. I have no skills I could say are useful to the Ark project. I know better then that just from talking with you in the slack channel. The skills are there, or able to be taught to you.And if not that, here just needing to be accessed or pointed out to you. So don’t worry to much, keep up your enthusiasm and interest for the ark project like I’ve seen in the slack channel for some time now. And I’m pretty confident, there will be room for you and ark to become the greatest thing ever seen to date.

• Hi ghost, thanks for sticking with Ark and being active, helping out newcomers get familiar with the project. This has been a very useful skill you’ve brought to Ark. If you want to take a stab at coding, the self paced Python course at Code Academy looks like a good start to learn and maybe work on something using Toon’s arky python API.

• Thank-you Mike for taking the time to read through and reply to my proposal.

I have indeed started to look at the python course with code academy and hope to start it shortly when real life commitments provide me with a bit more free time.

• Hey ghostfaceuk, nice proposal that will contribute ark comunity growing fast. Prety sure you will be great for ARK community.

• thank you to everyone who has voted for me so far. I really appreciate it

• just a quick update to explain how my payment system works.

Payments will made to voters every day at random times to avoid pool payment jumpers. the payments will be made via a automated system created by python maestro and fellow member of the Magnificent 7 group (ghostfaceuk, Jamiec79, dafty, bcboilermaker, toons, sidzero and michaelthecryptoguy) toons.

the payments have a ceiling cap of 25% meaning no one pool member can receive more than a quarter of the share of that days payments thus enabling a more fair and even distribution between all the voters.

• sounds good i vote for you to.But how can i email to dafty i sent coins to him by mistake
    this is trans 7d2a0ca65aff18c007d67e5f7864e71108b18ccc385233bd46efee1ab8739c16

• if you message dafty I’m sure he will send the coins back to you.

• Daily payments are being made to voters.

• Vote fidelity is now in operation. explanation is provided in the proposal

• @ghostfaceuk Damn, I moved my vote right before this vote fidelity stepped in. I started to see a pattern of people moving large votes around to get max payout from different pools hurting loyal voters. Sorry ghostfaceuk, might vote back later :) gl

• @Uran thats fine. Its your choice to move your votes at any time you feel fit.

I’m also blacklisting pool vote hoppers as I find them so they will never get anything from me in the future

• Would a 24 hour voting lock prevent vote hopping?

Once a person cast their vote the system prevents them from un-voting for 24 hours?

• @ghostfaceuk , hi, what is the minimum amount for my wallet to get something in return ?
    Thanks.

• @arkduke said in ghostfaceuk - Delegate proposal - Proposal to forge a sharing node to help those with low Ark to grow:

@ghostfaceuk , hi, what is the minimum amount for my wallet to get something in return ?
    Thanks.

Check this calculator to see your estimated payout for the amount of ark you stake.(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FGo3FkC3uSWXGHatPQyny2brMWjAIJsHFCR-Lhkl_m0/htmlview)

• I am looking to moving over to automated payments to avoid any instances of missed payments for my voters.

• delegate node has been upgraded to deal with increase network traffic, stats updated in proposal but also shown here
    2 vCores
    2.4 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    Local RAID 10

Looks like your connection to ghostfaceuk - Delegate proposal - Proposal to forge a sharing node to help those with low Ark to grow was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.