dafty - Community Developer - 90% [Arkbot - ArkStats - Ex-ACF Member - Dafty.net]

• Thanks for the votes so far! Over 1200 ARK already sent to voters before forging rewards have even started! :grinning:

Arkbot 1.1.0 released yesterday. New features include looking up the price of most cryptos, various patches to tipping, and converting most ARK balances to a more readable format.

I’ve been prototyping with ArkStats by pulling out simple data from the network. Here’s an basic example of the delegate votes across the network over the first three days of launch:

alt text

• @dafty how can I vote?

• @btvgainer Hey, you can read about how to vote on the following link:

https://blog.ark.io/how-to-vote-or-un-vote-an-ark-delegate-and-how-does-it-all-work-819c5439da68

Any problems or questions let me know.

• @dafty thanks for replying.I am using Ark web Lite wallet.Do I need to download Ark Desktop Client because I do not see any voting option in Lite wallet

• @btvgainer Yep! Grab ark-desktop from here:

https://github.com/ArkEcosystem/ark-desktop/releases

Import your account using your passphrase, and then head over to the Votes tab. Any problems let me know!

• Thanks for everyone’s votes so far!

This week, I’ve finished off the Ark Pool Calculator (thanks @joelafc for fixing some calculations). This is a simple Google sheets document which runs a couple of custom scripts that hook directly into Arkbot to get data in realtime. The aim was to increase visibility of the profit sharing delegates and provide an easy way to calculate future earnings.

Over the weekend, I’ve been investigating writing an ArkStats module on several reporting platforms. As mentioned in my proposal, ArkStats will be a comprehensive statistics service used for reporting and graphing the Ark network.

External reporting libraries provide an extensive yet stable foundation that can be integrated with custom modules and works on virtually any device. This means that we can start writing metrics straight away without having to write boilerplate code, which has already been done hundreds of times by other people.

Here’s an example of a simple resource monitoring dashboard:

alt text

• Weekly Update

Tipbot will be getting some new improvements over the next couple of days, including:

• Mentioning the user when setting up a new wallet. This should avoid confusion of knowing what wallet belongs to each user.
    • Tipping history. The @arkbot tip history command will show the latest 5 users who tipped you, and the tip amounts.
    • Warning message when tipping a large amount, requiring confirmation before sending.

Reward Update

Due to the massive price growth of ARK over the last couple of weeks, I have decided to amend the payout structure. At the current price, the 25% Development Fund is too excessive for the cost of running the current servers and community projects. I’ve amended the structure to:

• Daily rewards to voters has increased from 50% to 55%.
    • Development fund has reduced from 25% to 20%.

What does this mean?

As a voter, not a lot. You will get 5% more per day during the daily rewards. The monthly bonus will reduce by 5% (the excess funds in the Development Fund) and will continue to be rewarded on the 21st of each month. This means that the overall amount paid to you will be the same.

TLDR:
    The excess 5% previously reserved for the Development Fund is no longer required, and will now be sent as part of the daily payout instead of being held and paid out as the monthly bonus.

Any questions, let me know on Slack: @dafty.

• This post is deleted!

• I’ve released the development fund transparency report for March to April, details below.

March - April Development Fund Report

Payout will be made shortly before normal payout tomorrow (Friday).

• Ark network stats progress:

0_1494756766672_upload-045881a2-274c-4efa-83b8-a3d3f854dec3

• @dafty very, very cool tool dude 👍👍

• I’ve released the development fund transparency report for April to May, details below.

April - May Development Fund Report

Payout will be made shortly before normal payout tomorrow (Saturday UTC).

• This post is deleted!

• Development payout done. Thanks for your support. Block ids:

• Nodes have been upgraded to handle the increase in transactions.

The main node forked twice in June. Discussions with my provider points the cause towards a failing network switch. I have switched providers as part of the upgrade to avoid this in the future.

• Resigned and currently maintaining two new block explorers:

• ArkStats has been released. Check it out at https://arkstats.net

If you want to list your node on the site, please follow the instructions on the arkstats-reporter repository:
    https://github.com/dafty/arkstats-reporter

The development fund for May to June will be delayed by 1 day. I will make this available here tomorrow (21st of June), and rewards will be made on Thursday (22nd June).

• @dafty Nice job on ArkStats. I’m imagining this up on a big LED display in Times Square one day :D

• Added my nodes to ArkStats. Great idea and well executed. Installation of the reporter worked like a charm. Really easy to setup!

Looks like your connection to dafty - Community Developer - 90% [Arkbot - ArkStats - Ex-ACF Member - Dafty.net was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.]