CaliDelegate - 90% Payout - Public - North America

• Hi guys,

First off, congrats on the website. It’s great to see California sun, the pacific ocean and palm trees while I check my balance! :sunglasses: :beach:

I have a some concerns:

1. Did you guys change payouts from 96% to 95%? I think this proposal change deserves more attention than merely saying “Our proposal has been updated!” It’s important to notify voters and explain the reasons for this change. Is there no love for the early voters to stay at 96% while any new voters get 95%? Much like how the @DutchDelegate handled it? In the future it’d be great if there was a blog on the website to update us on what you guys have been working on for the ARK ecosystem (i.e. what is CaliDark?) and on any changes you’re thinking of making to your proposal. Linking to a new forum thread to discuss these things before they are put into action would be excellent too.

2. I’m not sure I ever got paid out for the 8th payment. Can you please confirm this? My wallet address is ARaSRGuuSwXYLysn9NYQhgr4U7kBkW8k1s

I like the progress you guys have made and I’m glad Cali is on the ARK map, but please keep transparency and inclusion with voters a top priority. Thanks!

• @TBoo First off, thank you for your support as a voter.

1. Yes, going forward we will be moving to a 95% payout. To be honest the cost of being a good delegate for the network has gone up and likely will continue to increase as the network grows. Over the next week we will be purchasing new servers in order to set up additional relay nodes for the network. Additionally, the cost for transaction fees continues to increase as new voters join the pool. Finally we have started to roll over an additional portion of our share in order to fund our own community projects/Events (More Info to come).

Now you did touch on an important point in regards to voter fidelity/loyalty. We do currently record voter fidelity in our system however since we implemented real time block reward we stopped using it to drive any functionality. Perhaps we can find a better way to reward loyalty to the pool.

1. It appears you were just short of receiving the .5 Ark required to be paid out during week 8. However the balance was rolled over into your week 9 payout. As part of our proposal in the future you will be able to view this information on our website.

Wallet Address                        Balance      Date
      ARaSRGuuSwXYLysn9NYQhgr4U7kBkW8k1s    0.46681902   11/19/2017
      ARaSRGuuSwXYLysn9NYQhgr4U7kBkW8k1s    0.98608949   11/26/2017
      ARaSRGuuSwXYLysn9NYQhgr4U7kBkW8k1s    1.81511078   12/03/2017

As a final note I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We strive to be one of the top paying public pools while also providing value to the community. Ultimately we are a delegate thanks to your vote. We will definitely be discussing your feedback during our next team meeting.

Regards,

Zarevok

• @Zarevok Thanks for replying so quickly and addressing my concerns clearly.

1. These reasons are understandable and I appreciate that you guys are spending funds to upgrade and expand your server nodes in order to handle the network’s growth. Hopefully, the upcoming reduction in transaction fees allows you to obtain more new voters without losing money! I guess it’s tough being popular. :nerd:

It is concerning though that continued network/community growth will increase your costs and could cause another reduction in voters’ share in pay outs. Obviously, we all want ARK adoption to increase, but receiving a 95% or above voters’ share for staking is important to me. I don’t think this is a problem related solely to your operation, as all delegates will be dealing with this as traffic increases. Hopefully the ARK developers are thinking about this issue.

I think I read that in the future, non-delegates running nodes still won’t be able to forage new ark, but will be incentivized to run nodes by getting to keep the fees on any of the transactions they process. Hopefully, things like this keeps the network decentralized, running fast and makes it less expensive for the delegates to run their nodes so we’re all getting paid fairly.

1. That makes sense! Looking forward to this feature getting added to the website.

This interaction has confirmed my faith in ARK’s dPoS system and you as a delegate. Excited to learn more about upcoming community projects/events. Keep up the good work!

• Hi Voters,

Hope you are all having a good Sunday/Monday.

Our Website is live at http://arkcalidelegate.io/ . At the CaliDelegate website you can now check your wallet balance online!

Here is this week’s update:

• 11th Payout was issued today.
    • This week’s payout began at Block Height 2745540 (Block ID: 15260712609304161870) and ended at Block Height 2817197 (Block ID: 5664971334394825032)
    • We are in the planning stages of hosting a CaliDelegate meetup event in Los Angeles, California in the new year. Stay Tuned!

Currently we are at delegate rank #17 on the Ark Node Vote Report and we are at 329 voters! Thank you to all of our voters. We continue to appreciate your vote and are looking forward to new people joining our new delegate!

If you have any questions, or suggestions, feel free to reach out to us at CaliDelegate!

Cheers,

CaliDelegate

Twitter

ArkCaliDelegate.io

• Hey Voters,

Hope you are all having a good Sunday/Monday.

Our Website is live at http://arkcalidelegate.io/ . At the CaliDelegate website you can now check your wallet balance online!

• 12th Payout was issued today.
    • This week’s payout began at Block Height 2817288 (Block ID: 1807764529072841246) and ended at Block Height 2889647 (Block ID: 8076592083473826316)
    • We reached a new voter milestone reaching 400 voters! A huge voter gain this week! Welcome to all new voters.
    • Our Twitter account is currently 1 follower away from 100 followers. Make sure to follow us on Twitter to get updated on the latest ARK and CaliDelegate news.

Currently we are at delegate rank #19 on the Ark Node Vote Report and we are at 418 voters! Thank you to all of our voters. We continue to appreciate your vote and are looking forward to new people joining our new delegate!

If you have any questions, or suggestions, feel free to reach out to us at CaliDelegate!

Cheers,

CaliDelegate

Twitter

ArkCaliDelegate.io

• Payout Announcement:

Greetings Voters!,

This week’s payout and future CaliDelegate payout snapshots will be adjusted.

Snapshots for this week and future CaliDelegate weekly payouts will take place at 9:00AM PST instead of 12:00PM PST as stated in our proposal. Weekly payouts will continue to take place on Sunday Afternoons/Evenings PST.

This slight adjustment will be updated in our proposal.

Happy Holidays,

CaliDelegate

Twitter

ArkCaliDelegate.io

• CaliDelegate Update and Payout Announcement

Hello Voters,

Hope you are all having a great Sunday/Monday.

Our Website is live at http://arkcalidelegate.io/ . At the CaliDelegate website you can check your wallet balance online!

• 13th Payout was issued today.
    • This week’s payout began at Block Height 2889704 (Block ID: 1041227653186387046) and ended at Block Height 2962722 (Block ID: 11895020989503978765)
    • We made an announcement this week regarding a slight adjustment to our weekly payout snapshot. Instead of 12:00PM PST as indicated in our proposal, the payout snapshot will now be taken at 9:00AM PST.
    • This week when we reached 444 Voters! We decided it would be nice to do a random giveaway to our voters as an appreciation of voter loyalty. At 444 Voters, we gave away 4.44Ark to 4 random CaliDelegate Voters. Here are the 4 winning addresses!:
      AQ6iTTNrZVpzx7UTr6QZoKeGfEbQAPw6Zb
      AdjcxAUbTdFPbM9GLGtmut5spX8HymfKQs
      AZZ3PLdj4MXc6by6MVB73WexaLTBgmY6re
      AczrWBf9M71zmEosuxFns7UgjZpd9ySZ9D

Congratulations!

Unfortunately, an error occurred during this week’s payout:

So What Happened?
    As you all are aware we are calculating TBW (True Block Weight) based payouts. This is being done though an Amazon EC2 instance (Database). Two weeks ago, we noticed there were performance issues querying the database so we set up an archival job to store prior payouts as historical data. This is where the error occurred. When the archival job ran last week at 6:40 PM PST, it accidentally archived all blocks between 12:00PM PST - 6:40PM PST. All blocks forged during this window should have been included in the 13th payout. The result is these 6.5 hours are missing from the payout you received today.

Missed blocks occurred from Block Height 2889704 (Block ID: 1041227653186387046) Forged 12:00PM PST Sunday December 17th to Block Height 2892611 (Block ID: 3658601138775640243) Forged 6:37PM PST Sunday December 17th.

We successfully paid out from Block Height 2892654 (Block ID: 3760300398197420682) Forged 6:43PM PST Sunday December 17th to Block Height 2962722 (Block ID: 11895020989503978765) Forged 9:00AM PST Sunday December 24th.

What we are going to do?
    We have added these missed blocks to everyone’s running balances and you will receive the missed balance during next week’s payout. Nothing needs to be done on your end.

Below is a table that contains the unpaid results:

0_1514153144968_upload-7739f520-29c8-4eb4-81a4-7e571eed9667

We apologize for this technical error. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter.

Currently we are at delegate rank #30 on the Ark Node Vote Report and we are at 489 voters! Thank you to all of our voters. We continue to appreciate your vote and are looking forward to new people joining our new delegate!

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!,

CaliDelegate

Twitter

ArkCaliDelegate.io

• @calidelegate Hi Calidelegate. Thank you for your service. I had just began submitting my vote around 12/22. I am missing a payout from my wallet and I did not see it in the list above.
    Address: Ad3XM5BVBuXfMRw9TEFwJfsrEePh59SPvc
    Latest balance: 2017-12-24; 18:40:20; Forged earnings;.Block ID 1168344776366721654; 0.00093624; 0.50035388

Edit: Nevermind. I see your proposal currently indicates a 0.5 minimum to cover fees and the snapshot today was a little less than 0.5 forged. Thank you and happy holidays!

• Hello @athjunkie,

When we forged the last block for this payout period at 2017-12-24 09:00:37 you had only accumulated 0.42928563 Ark as your running balance. In order to keep the pool at a high % profit share and save on transaction fees our minimum payout is set at .5 Ark

Your running balance has already accumulated over the .5 so I can guarentee you will receive your full payout next week.

Merry Christmas!

• Hi
    New to the Ark community and my first vote is for you. Hope you have a Merry Christmas :)

• This post is deleted!

• @cindyana Welcome aboard and thank you for considering us as your delegate. We look forward to serving you and other new voters!

Merry Christmas!

• hi I noticed my daily earnings on your website for the last few days are about .075 ark per day with my 550 ark, however the calculator i’m using says I should be getting over .15 ark per day. I am wondering why my earnings are half of what is expected. I noticed around 100 blocks entries per day on the website when the average should be around 200, is that what is causing it? Maybe the time stamps on the website are wrong? Am I reading it wrong or what is happening?
    thank you

• @jross34 I noticed the exact same thing and sent a dm to Brian about 30 minutes ago. Rewards accumulated this week are at 50% of what was earned last week…I was not sure if I had done something wrong on my end or what so it’s good to know that I am not the only one who noticed this.

• Hi both @Rahulan and @jross34,

Apologies for the delayed response.

To clear things up: Our website has had an increased capacity lately due to greater number of new voters which is causing a network delay when writing data entries to the voter balance checker. This website application is a separate process from our main database. Our website is displaying incorrect/misleading information due to the time delay. Other voters have reached out to us regarding this matter and we will be making a statement on this matter in our weekly update. We are working to address the data entry delay on the website side.

Your weekly payout will be not based on the website values and regular payout will be unaffected.

Thank you voters for sharing your concerns.

Happy New Year!,

CaliDelegate

• @calidelegate Thank you!

• Happy new years @calidelegate, thank you for your service so far! Hope to see you rise in the upcoming Ark Node Vote Report. Cheers!

• Eric

• @CryptoEric Thanks for your support!

Happy new year!

• Hi Voters,

Hope you all had/are having a great holiday!,

Our Website is live at http://arkcalidelegate.io/ . At the CaliDelegate website you can check your wallet balance online!

• 14th Payout was issued today.
    • This week’s payout began at 9am PST Dec. 24th and ended on 0:00 UST Dec. 31st.
    • This week we bounced out of 51 for about an hour. Thank you voters for keeping us voted in the Top 51!
    • This week we were having some technical issues with our website balance payout checker. The data that was being displayed on our website was incorrect because of network delay. As we have been growing rapidly our website has been having to edit more entries for each block associated to each user. We are looking into this and we are changing the ways in which we are displaying the data. This week’s payout will not depict the values that were displayed on the CaliDelegate website. We apologize for this technical glitch.
    • As 2017 comes to a close, we want to wish everyone a safe and happy new year! We only started CaliDelegate in September of 2017 but we have come a long way. We are looking forward to new ARK.io announcements and we are also looking forward to offering our voters even more services in 2018!

Currently we are at delegate rank #36 on the Ark Node Vote Report and we are at 535 voters! Thank you to all of our voters. We continue to appreciate your vote and are looking forward to new people joining our new delegate!

Happy New Year!,

CaliDelegate

Twitter

Arkcalidelegate.io

• Hi Voters,

Hope you all are having a good week.

Two quick updates to pass along.

Discord:
    We created a CaliDelegate Discord Channel. Follow this link to join: https://t.co/WROK2pPWJf

CaliDelegate ARK Meetup:
    If you are in the LA/Orange County Area and would like to attend a CaliDelegate ARK meetup, please fill out this survey so we can plan the event ahead of time: https://goo.gl/forms/4khquDaSd7KZW2lx1

Have a great day!

CaliDelegate

Looks like your connection to CaliDelegate - 90% Payout - Public - North America was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.