Delegate Cryptology – Providing Ark Infrastructure, community development, contributions to ACF and ArkTippr funds.

• Introduction

My name is Marc, you have probably seen me in the ArkEcosystem Slack as @Marc, on GitHub as wownmedia or on Reddit as u/marcs1970. I have been an Arky since November 2017 (HODLing) and became an active part of this community in April 2018. I like to contribute to Ark where I can and you might have seen some of the things I have done:

• Ark development bounty #1 place in July 2018
    • Darknet node ‘Cryptology’ during the tests of V1/V2 hybrid network
    • Developer of the ArkTippr Reddit Ark tipbot

Like many Arkies I come from the Netherlands, but own a small private company called Cryptology ltd, based in Hong Kong (which is why my delegate is named ‘cryptology’).

My Skills

I have graduated my B.Sc Telematics Engineering and delivered my thesis on ‘Problem & Performance management for international frame-relay networks’ in 1997. Until late 2003 I have served several roles in data communication infrastructure environments, among them designing a nationwide data communication infrastructure for a GSM provider, CTO of a managed hosting company, VP of interconnections for a European ADSL network provider. Since 2003 I have been permanently travelling the world while focusing on the development of Internet projects (developing web applications such as an Online dating site, E-commerce sites, Online magazines and recently dApps and projects such as ArkTippr.

Tl:dr: I know my way around servers, data communication and software development.

My Proposal

Ark is building an ecosystem where anybody can simply create and run a new blockchain… without needing to know anything. To make Ark really accessible to anybody they should also not have to think about the setup and management of their server infrastructure. I believe I can make a difference here with your help:

• 77% True Block weight, daily payouts of minimum 0.25 Ark.

• 5% donation to the ArkTippr fund to be used to spread ARK awareness via Reddit (pending till V2 is live).

With the remaining 18% I will maintain the extensive cryptology node infrastructure and sponsor a number of Ark related activities

Fair Fees
    Fair Fees benefit both small and large wallet voters.

• To make the fees fair for these smaller voters I have programmed the payout script to distribute the fees evently over all wallets by vote size: A whale voter who receives 10% of the share now also pays 10% of the total payout fees. Smaller voters pay smaller fees. This is fair for smaller voters.
    • To compensate the whales for their skewed fee contribution I have rerouted all delegate payouts to be forged by cryptology and assure that all fees paid for the payouts are alse forged back for our share pool. The 10% whale from the example above will also receive 10% of his share of these fees in the next payment round. This makes it fair for the larger voters.

Projects

• I want to experiment with several node server setups to discover weaknesses and strenghts and come up with tested setups that everybody can copy. This is a continuous process.

• Like WordPress.org does for WP sites I want to use a part of my forging rewards to sponsor infrastructure for anybody who likes to run or test with an Ark sidechain. I will develop a process for this.

• I will provide a stable and high-uptime node infrastructure to Ark Mainnet and Ark Devnet: multiple nodes, spread across different datacenters.

• I will build tools that will benefit the Ark Ecosystem, like the addition of a Twitter bot, OTC trading and exchange options to ArkTippr.

Cryptology Ark infrastructure

Currently I am running the following setup

Mainnet Node – forger

• Intel® Xeon® E3-1270 v6
    • 4 Cores (HT) x 3,8 Ghz
    • Hardware RAID 1 - 800 GB (2 x 800 GB SATA SSD)
    • 32GBDDR4

Mainnet Node – backup forger

• Intel® Xeon® E3-1270 v6
    • 4 Cores (HT) x 3,8 Ghz
    • Hardware RAID 1 - 800 GB (2 x 800 GB SATA SSD)
    • 16GBDDR4

Several Mainnet Nodes – relays

• Intel Xeon
    • SSD
    • 2-4Gb memory

Devnet Node – forger

• Intel Xeon E5-2666 v3 (Haswell)
    • High network performance with Intel 82599 VF Enhanced Networking Support
    • 4Gb memory

Database, development, test and hosting Servers

• Intel Xeon
    • 1-4Gb memory
    • SSD

Conclusion

Cryptology delegate will contribute to a better Ark infrastructure, help the setup of Ark sidechains in a way that has not been done yet and will provide great applications like ArkTippr to our ecosystem. All I need is your confidence to make this happen: vote cryptology.

Update 14 September 2018
    New payout script
    I have created and implemented a new True Block Weight payout script that introduces the concept of “Fair Fees”.

Fair Fees
    Currently cryptology has 34 daily payouts to give each of the voters their part of the 90% share:

• Each voter’s payout costs the same, independent to the size of their payout (0.1 ARK) and this is a burden for smaller voters.

• To make the fees fair for these smaller voters I have programmed the payout script to distribute the fees evently over all wallets by vote size: A whale voter who receives 10% of the share now also pays 10% of the total payout fees. Smaller voters pay smaller fees. This is fair for smaller voters.

• To compensate the whales for their skewed fee contribution I have rerouted all delegate payouts to be forged by cryptology and assure that all fees paid for the payouts are alse forged back for our share pool. The 10% whale from the example above will also receive 10% of his share of these fees in the next payment round. This makes it fair for the larger voters.

example
    No Fair Fees

• a 10% voter of a 34 voters pool would pay 0.1 ARK in fees
    • a 0.1% voter of a 34 voters pool would pay 0.1 ARK in fees

Fair Fees

• a 10% voter of a 34 voters pool pays 0.34 ARK in fees but receives 0.306 ARK as part of his share the following day: effectively paying only 0.034 ARK in fees and benefits 0.066 ARK over no Fair Fees.
    • a 0.1% voter of a 34 voters pool pays 0.0034 ARK in fees and receives 0.00306 ARK as part of his share the following day: effectively paying only 0.00034 ARK in fees and benefits 0.09966 ARK over no Fair Fees.

Lower Daily Payout threshold
    Because ther eare virtually no fees to be paid anymore we have now lowered the payout threshold to 0.25 ARK (from 0.5 ARK).

• @Marc You are a valuable part of the Ark community and you show it first hand on a regular basis. The entirety of the Ark Ecosystem is better for having you in it. You are also a pleasure to communicate and work with. I wish you all the luck in the world on your path to forging status. Cheers and kudos Marc!

• @Marc I’m really happy to see you decided to run a delegate. I think your skills are very valuable and most definitely needed. In the past few months, you’ve been really a highly engaged member of the community and active code contributor as well.

I hope you get voted in asap, you surely deserve it. All the best!

Looks like your connection to Delegate Cryptology – Providing Ark Infrastructure was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.