I hope you all had wonderful weekend, I know mine was very busy, but I hope you all enjoyed yours on my behalf! By now, everyone should have received their share of this weeks stake, that is if your wallet balance accumulated more than 0.3 ARK for this week. If you have not received a payout, then more than likely you received a pending balance, to review it you can see here. Hopefully, more people received a payout this week in light of a long overdue “bonus.” I will explain the reason for the bonus further as I believe it is my job as your delegate to disclose such precedent.
A couple of months ago I had a new system implemented that calculates the payout using a block-based system designed by Biz_Classic. Everything was set-up flawlessly and during the testing phase everything was up to standard. However, further on down the line when I officially launched the new system I accidentally miscalculated the amount of blocks I am scanning for, resulting in a small unnoticeable discrepancy for everyone. Thankfully, during the beginning of last week a voter had gotten in touch with me to discuss this unaccounted issue. Initially, I thought that the issue occurred due to the pool becoming diluted, which usually results in the overall payout to slightly decrease. However, I decided to try and consult with the original authors of the script and see if they can advise me better on how to recognize the potential problem.
With the help of Goldenpepe from the Biz_Classic team I was able to find that the problem lied in the amount of total blocks that I am scanning for. In sum, when the script was initially being set up I was meant to scan for 1477 blocks (7 days worth of blocks), while also keeping in mind how much ARK I should keep in my delegate wallet in case there are pending balances as well as any transaction fees. However, for some ungodly reason I believed that I was supposed to count 1410 blocks (after accounting for the transaction fees and pending balances), which led to 67 blocks worth of ARK not being sent out from my delegate wallet to my voters. In other words, I was trying to cover the transaction fees for payout runs, but I underestimated how much I needed to keep in my reserve and kept too much in the wallet. Over the period of 1.5 months, the same payouts simply accumulated in the delegate wallet, and the whole time I simply believed that I had a substantial amount of people who held pending balances. Nonetheless, I had broadcasted approximately 870 ARK to everyone in addition to their regular weekly balance.
I believe some of you might ask this question, so I’ll go ahead and address it early:
So you found out about this problem last week, how come you did not announce this issue back then?
When I first found out about the problem, I knew that I had immediately messed up big time. However, I also knew that I had to find a way to fix the darn mishap, and so I reached out to several delegates for advice. In the end, I decided that I will send out the left over ARK with the upcoming payout. I figured that if I made public of this situation early on there was a possibility that people would hound over the excess ARK. In other words, I realized that people might want to simply vote for me to receive an extra bonus in ARK, which would ultimately result in less ARK to be distributed to my loyal and supportive voters, the ones who had been directly affected by my negligence. So that is why this is posted shortly after the transactions had been broadcasted.
I realize that this mistake is entirely my fault and I sincerely apologize for my negligence. Lastly, I am not only happy to report that this issue is entirely mitigated, but also encourage anyone who has any further concerns regarding this issue to reach out to me.
Questions and Answers